1. What are the Leading Transformers and Disruptors for the Global Medical Device Industry? Venkat Rajan, Industry Manager Advanced Medical Technologies April 4, 2013© 2012 Frost & Sullivan. All rights saved. This report contains exceptionally private data and is the sole property ofFrost & Sullivan. No a piece of it might be coursed, cited, duplicated or generally replicated without the composed support of Frost & Sullivan.
2. Today's Presenter Venkat Rajan Industry Manager -Advanced Medical Technologies Frost & Sullivan•Oversees expert group accused of following the progressed medicaltechnologies industry, spreading over therapeutic gadgets, medicinal imaging, andpatient monitoring.•Provide market discernment answers for help customers over the supplychain range to recognize market opportunities and create strategiestailored to their business goals.•8+ years of business sector knowledge social event and custom consultingexperience
3. Five Signs A Medical Technology Company Might Need to Reinvent its Business Model •Customers view its item/benefits as commoditized.Eroding Customer •Customers see constrained separation between accessible devices.Value Proposition •Diminished client excitement for new item upgrades.Profit Model Under •Declining YOY edges. Weight •Competitors going bankrupt, merging, leaving business sector. •Significant inward cost slicing important to keep up viability.Market Disruptors •Business presented to innovation outdated nature, because of new advances. on the Horizon •New advances fit for giving relative item/administration esteem either less expensive, quicker, more straightforward, or to a more extensive addressable client base. Inner •High representative turnover rates, because of vocation lack of care. Base •Strategy concentrated on upkeep rather than extension. Disintegrating •Team moderate to adjust and/or innovate.Investment Dollars •Limited VC/venture buzz for business and its future. Streaming in •Limited scholarly interest and enthusiasm for advancement.Opposite Direction •Public organizations attempting to keep up stock cost.
4. Three Big Predictions for 2013 Hyper pressurized expense regulation environment is liable to quicken 1 deeper expense slicing measures from organizations acclimating to substances of the new commercial center. Patient impact in treatment determination amplified because of, expanding access to data and more prominent moves in budgetary weights. The dispatch of 2 wellbeing trades and rollbacks in executive secured arrangements could prompt more noteworthy striation of scope into particular levels. Developing market needs drive choice making for organizations around M&A procedure and item improvement. In the past entanglements of the HC 3 framework, money related assets, and on the ground base needed; kept organizations from completely putting resources into developing business sector procedures. Source: Frost & Sullivan investigation.
5. Center Segments Under Pressure $342 B Global Medical Technologies Market Sector Share Medical Devices Market: Segmentation by Product Class, Global, 2012 Other (Including: OrthoOther Durable Medical 14%28% Equipment, Hospital Supplies, Consumables) Treatment Cardiology 29% Devices 11% 72% Neuro Robotics- 2% Navigation Woundcare 2% 6% Respiratory- Anesthesia 5% Esthetics Minimally 2% Invasive Surgery Uro-Gyno Audiology Opthalmology 11% 2% 6% 10% Note: All figures are adjusted. The base year is 2012. Source: Frost & Sullivan examination.
6. Opportunity Paradigm Matrix for Medical DevicesExpanding Personalized Medicine Bionic Eye Bionic Limbs Renal Denervation Health Management Apps Transcatheter Valves Heart Sleeves for CHF Bronchial Thermoplasty Wearable Monitoring Blood Vessels Mental Rehabilitation through Video Games Bioresorbable Stents Radiosurgery Robot Assisted Remote Symptoms Spine Surgery Breast Repair Market Monitoring NeurostimulationOpportunity Skin Substitutes Home/Portable Hemodialysis Implantable CRM Pain Stimulators Surgical Tools BMPs Joint Reconstruction Resistance Equipment Hearing Aids Drug Eluting Stents Cardiac Surgery Mechanical Valves Mature Corrective Eye Wear Dialysis Rehabilitate Repair Replace Regenerate Source: Frost & Sullivan examination.