(13 Nov 2012) SHOTLIST
New York, 12 November 2012
1. Medium of Selena Gomez arriving at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards
2. Pan out to wide of Selena Gomez
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Selena Gomez/Actress, Recording Artist - on what she gets out of doing good:
"I mean honestly it's the feeling. If I could be selfish for a little bit because it just makes me feel so good to be able to make kids like smile and to meet families and bring them together and it really is special and then there's the whole act of actually being able to use what I have to kind of educate kids my age and other people on what's going on around the world because people tend to forget sometimes."
4. Medium of Selena Gomez on the red carpet
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Selena Gomez/Actress, Recording Artist - on how it's actually easy to help others:
"Absolutely. Yeah. I mean I always say it just starts with your voice. It starts with you telling your friend who could tell a friend who could tell their friend and you could all just start something together and that could just be from one voice."
6. Medium of Selena Gomez posing for photos
7. Pan out to wide of Selena Gomez
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Selena Gomez/Actress, Recording Artist - on how being recognized for her UNICEF work is a good break from all the paparazzi attention:
"It was very nice I mean it's good to know that people you know want to be heard for this kind of stuff and these kind of events are important because this is what the light should be shined on not anything else."
9. Medium, left to right, Chelsea Handler and Chelsea Clinton pose for photos
10. Medium of Chelsea Handler
11. Pan out to wide of Chelsea Handler
12. Push in to medium of Chelsea Handler
13. SOUNDBITE (English) Lena Dunham/Actress, Director, Writer - on who she's excited to see:
"I'm pretty worked up about Ruth Bader Ginsburg, pretty worked up about Selena Gomez, I mean they've organized a pretty shockingly wonderful crew so I just have to sort of see if I can extract all the life lessons I need in the next two hours."
14. Medium of Gabby Douglas posing for photos
15. Fashion pan of Gabby Douglas
16. Pan out to wide of Gabby Douglas
17. SOUNDBITE (English) Gabby Douglas/Gymnast - on how she loves to dress up:
"I love it. I mean I love just putting on dresses, makeup, shoes, heels, just bracelets, earrings, everything."
18. Wide of Rory Kennedy, left, Ethel Kennedy, right, posing for photos
19. Push in to medium, left to right, Rory Kennedy, Ethel Kennedy, Kerry Kennedy
20. SOUNDBITE (English) Ethel Kennedy/Activist - on what she thought when she saw the documentary "Ethel" that her daughter Rory made about her:
"Phew! (laughs) No, I just it re-affirmed all my beliefs in Rory and how remarkable she is and I was very glad to see that the rest of the country would know."
21. Cutaway of Mary J. Blige talking to a reporter
22. SOUNDBITE (English) Mary J. Blige/Recording Artist - on presenting an award to various U.S. Gold medal Olympians:
"Wow, I am so honored to be presenting this award to me. It means so much to me sincerely to be giving this award away to those amazing women. Those women they blew my mind. I was glued to the TV for real last summer just like, 'Wow,' wishing I could do what they did."
23. Tight shot of Cynthia Nixon posing for photos
24. Pan out to medium of Cynthia Nixon on the carpet
25. CU Glamour December 2012 Women of the Year issue with Selena Gomez on the cover
SELENA GOMEZ ATTRACTS SPOTLIGHT IN NEW YORK NOT FOR HER BREAKUP BUT FOR HER GOOD WILL
Twenty-year-old Selena Gomez has been hounded by photographers lately ever since it was announced that she has broken up with teen singing sensation Justin Bieber.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/c0ce18fb1b30ed3f2bc8a26f85567428
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork