I put together ten of the most funny commercials that made me laugh and that are also famous, that have written history so to say. You find the description below. I hope you enjoy them as I did. Tell me in the comments which one is your #1 - or at least your #1.5 - I will include your vote in the ranking at the end of this text to see which commercial people like the most.
These ads are included:
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans”, also called “Not for Austronauts” or the "Astronaut Ad" from 2013, a mock ad – the non-existent Haynes Baked Beans only resemble Heinz – for the famous visual effects and feature animation studio known for movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others whose logo appears at the end. This hillarious commercial is often shown but not always understood.
2. Doritos, "Ultrasound"/“Birth” from the 2016 Super Bowl was a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial that still has its fans and opponents
3. Kia niro, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, also refered to as “I love Whales!” that got a lot of press and features Bonnie Tyler's “Holding up for a hero”
4. Kia, “The Truth” with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from The Matrix, singing Nessun dorma for the Super Bowl 2014
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the video game, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen VW Passat, “The Force”, also called "Darth Vader" from 2011 Super Bowl - this extended version was seen by 8 million viewers online before the game, a huge success at this time, during the game a shorter version was aired, later other versions/sequels followed, a game-changing commercial a lot of media was talking about and many people still enjoy.
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign with the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 - who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, "Disruptive World" with Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman and Jason Statham from The Expandables and Transporter for the cloud-based web development platform for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version - with more than 22.6 million views online it was the most-seen commercial before the game. It was was shot by the French Louis Leterrier who directed the Transporter films, Unleashed, The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me in Barcelona with estimated costs for producing and broadcasting somewhere around 14 millions dollars
11. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / Bud, “Whassup?”, also known as Wazzup, What’s up or True, true that ran from 1999 to 2002 and became a catchphrase. It won the Cannes Grand Prix and the Grand Clio awards, and was parodied in Scary Movie in 2000, years later also by Annoying Orange and others.
11.5 Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / “Wassup Wasabi or just "Wasabi", the lesser known yet extremely funny follow-up to the Whassup commercial with Dookie and his wife
The votes are in and the current winner is: Bud “Whassup” – true, true …
Results in detail, status January 8, 2019 (votes and positive mentions counted)
1. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser / Bud, “Whassup” / “Wasabi”: 341 votes/mentions
2. Cinesite, “Beans” / Astronaut: 189 votes/mentions
3. Wix, “Disruptive World”: 185 votes/mentions – mainly because of Gal Gadot (and a little bit because of Jason Statham)
4. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”: 148 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute dogs
5. Volkswagen, “The Force” / Darth Vader: 106 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute Darth Vader
6. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge”: 101 votes/mentions – mainly because of Liam Neeson
7. Doritos, “Ultrasound”: 100 votes/mentions
8. Kia, “Hero”: 69 votes/mentions
9. Kia, “The Truth” / Matrix: 69 votes/mentions
10. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian”: 29 votes/mentions
11. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness”: 21 votes/mentions
Thanks to everybody who watched the video, voted and commented on it, liked it and subscribed to my channel – I appreciate that very much!
*sighs to all the absolute wankers explaining why 'space monsters can't hear farts in an astronauts suit .....may I just say this : YOU are everything that is wrong with this Holier-than-thou, smug, joyless generation of nerd fuckwits
+Jason That's okay. Many people complain because they are missing some commercial they like. Only this is no best of best of all time compilation, it's just funny videos that broke some records when it comes to viewers and so on and millions of other funny and famous ads are missing. The Geico one with the camal is nice! Hump Dayyyyyyyyy xD
+Dalibor Truhlar Sorry, that was supposed to come across funny. After I re-read that, I can see my sarcasm did not come out right. I was referring to the Geico commercial where the camel is walking thru the office asking every one what day it is. More happy than a camel on Wednesday, HumpDaaaaayyyy!
The first commercial is by Cinesite from Canada, the third and fourth are for Kia which is from South Korea, Volkswagen comes from Germany, Clash of Clans is Finish, the Wix commercial is for a Israeli company, was directed by a French and shot in Spain, and the whole video was made by me, an Austrian born in Czechoslovakia. Also, most of these commercials are not just famous "in" but "outside" the US thanks to the internet that was invented some years ago. You find more details in the description text below the video.
None of these are funny; they are all forced and stupid. Do you want to watch some funny videos (that will actually have you on the floor rolling with laughter)? Go search for 'Carmen calls estupid.'
Hello dalibor, no I like your channel I'm just brand new to all this brother and as you probably can tell I don't really know how things work so no not intentionally trying to do anything, hope you don't think that now. Be lucky, daveyboy
@Samuel Li I can't add anything because the video is already online but you are right, the German Coast Guard is an excellent commercial and as it happens I included it in my other video "10 Funny Language Learning Commercials" (it starts with an absolute hilarious commercial, the German Coast Guard comes as second, enjoy!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdCYe4FoMRA&t
@Jane Doe You are absolutely right! When I published the video, I immediately got comments from Russian viewers who were having a lot of fun because of Luntik. I didn't know it first but now, everytime I rewatch it, I have to think of it - thank you for the link!
@ENFPurpleKitti Thank you for your explanation! You are certainly right, timing is important and many commercials have often a slow or wrong story telling. But in my opinion the timing is perfect when it comes to these commercials, only the Force and Wix commercials are extended versions because these were actually the ones that had the most viewers and may seem as too long. Anyway, I will include the first one as your choice in the ranking, if that's ok for you?
+Dalibor Truhlar First one was kinda cute, I know the Doritos one was funny when it aired (I skipped it today, lol), Liam Neeson's commercial was funny only in the first part, idk.
The problem is with most of the longer commercials, the story gets drawn out too long, so the tension fizzles out before the punchline shows up. I know commercials are often cut for time on TV and can sometimes lose something in the telling, but at the same time, sometimes it's necessary, as I said, due to the timing of tension build-up and release.
Does anyone remember this commercial I'm looking for? I remember it was in 2014, and it was like #1 on a funny commercial special hosted by Gabriel Iglesias on Spike TV. It's this bored guy with grey hair who's totally in control of his life and pretty much everything. He races cars, walks on hot coals, launches rockets, gets a baby to stop crying, all with this bored, "seen it all" attitude. But I think the point of the commercial is advertising like adult diapers or something for bladder control or incontinence because the hook was 'for the moments you can't control" Does anyone remember this or what it was an ad for?
@Organized Chaos Videos Yes, you wrote that and I already searched for it - without success. The brand name would be important, sorry --- btw, at the beginning your description sounded like The most interesting man in the world campaing, but that was for beer
+Dalibor Truhlar Here it is: https://youtu.be/g_u_-OD1_z0
It never really got aired because certain people saw something different in it. Something that perpetuates their victim status. I thought this was yet another brilliant and creative Heineken commercial. Because whatever those other people saw in it is just irrelevant.
Well, there are millions of commercials missing in my video, it includes only 10/12 ads. But I'm thinking about making a sequel, maybe your tip proves to be good? Can you provide me a link to the video and some numbers that show how famous it was?
+Dalibor Truhlar I don't want to give too long an answer, so yes, it degrades creativity. But it might also inspire creativity!! I see both sides of many questions and then it's better for me to just shut up –
URBAN NATION MUSEUM FOR URBAN CONTEMPORARY ART is an international institution for art, creative projects and social exchange. Since September 2017 URBAN NATION shows under the leitmotif "Connect. Create. Care." that the house is far more than a museum.
Museum Opening hours Tuesday-Sunday: 10.00-18.00 Free admission.
Adress Bülowstraße 7, 10783 Berlin, Germany Contact [email protected] Follow Us.
IN THE STUDIO WITH … HAYLEY.
British born artist Hayley Welsh, has established herself as one of the newest creatives in the Western Australian art scene. There is something quite fantastical and a little bit dark lurking in Hayley’s work. Her latest work of art was created for the URBAN NATION and kicks off “The Monster Project”. We took the chance
Live @ the museum III – “Home” by Icy & Sot.
With her work made live in the URBAN NATION Museum, the artist duo once again draws attention to the fate of refugees and addresses the yearning for a home. Born in Iran, the artist duo Icy & Sot is known for addressing current political debates about war, peace, hope, despair and above all human rights […]
Three New Community Walls in June by Frz, Nafir & Xamoosh.
In addition to the two artists behind Icy & Sot, three other street artists from Iran will visit Berlin at the end of June and design one of our communiy walls on Bülowstraße. The three Iranians Frz, Nafir and Xamoosh are an integral part of the Iranian street art community. In their works, they address […]
Retrospective – SCOPE Art Show x URBAN NATION Museum.