HomeНаука и техникаRelated VideosMore From: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

Vision-free MIT Cheetah

15295 ratings | 878620 views
MIT's Cheetah 3 robot can now leap and gallop across rough terrain, climb a staircase littered with debris, and quickly recover its balance when suddenly yanked or shoved, all while essentially blind. Learn more: http://news.mit.edu/2018/blind-cheetah-robot-climb-stairs-obstacles-disaster-zones-0705 Watch more videos from MIT: http://www.youtube.com/user/MITNewsOffice?sub_confirmation=1 The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is an independent, coeducational, privately endowed university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Our mission is to advance knowledge; to educate students in science, engineering, and technology; and to tackle the most pressing problems facing the world today. We are a community of hands-on problem-solvers in love with fundamental science and eager to make the world a better place. The MIT YouTube channel features videos about all types of MIT research, including the robot cheetah, LIGO, gravitational waves, mathematics, and bombardier beetles, as well as videos on origami, time capsules, and other aspects of life and culture on the MIT campus. Our goal is to open the doors of MIT and bring the Institute to the world through video.
Html code for embedding videos on your blog
Text Comments (1075)
Xxxx xxxX (1 day ago)
Very nice! It's cool! Respect, from Russia!
CORE JET (1 day ago)
Insane!!!!!!!
Abhinav Kumar (2 days ago)
The world is going to be ruled by robots soon..
TheHybridlogic (3 days ago)
Kinda scary
Kachlimpen (6 days ago)
LOL PRONK PRONK PRONK PRONK PRONK!
Ghoulenix 21 (7 days ago)
When you guys wanna put it as a real cheetah put ectoplasm
Jerry Su (8 days ago)
It’s freaking creepy seeing it outdoors
1103 Musik Berlin (11 days ago)
This video is very cool
420BudNuggets (11 days ago)
Theres going to be a movie about the team that built and weaponized these things once it all goes bad.
Ytremz (13 days ago)
Let's hope those robots don't hold grudges
Nancy Lucas (14 days ago)
I'm showing my elementary school students this video to get them interested in STEM! (and MIT) GO TECH!
Backslash Classics (15 days ago)
Cx
Com Bat (19 days ago)
When the updated AI chip is added the dude with the stick is in real trouble
Josette Fauvel (19 days ago)
ainsi je laisse tomber ma canne8
swingga (21 days ago)
this video will be shown in the evolution of robotic technology in robots councel meeting in 2030 after conquering humanity
Harry Styles (22 days ago)
What's the use of this thing..?😒😒
John Batchler (23 days ago)
I do electronic/robotics/ai study for a whole different reason and u guys r not going to like those results being completely sealed remember I'm in direct competition with all involved in this critical fields
Bhaswati Thakuria (25 days ago)
O my god..... Incredible
You Tube (26 days ago)
More attractive than my social life... Thanks MIT. Hope to see you here in Istanbul Turkey too for helping our children to improve them as well. Great job, Congrats!
Shivansh (27 days ago)
Where can I buy this dog?
Phantom Omega (28 days ago)
Don't connect it to the internet please XD
Varun Malhotra (28 days ago)
Is this remote controlled or doing all tasks just by voice
chester panda (29 days ago)
These will be the future strollers not soldiers... Busy mothers will lock their offspring into a cage on top and set a GPS coordinated walk around the block.
Anony Moose (26 days ago)
why would they do that?
Rocky Smarty (1 month ago)
How u made this incredible things Plz tell abt this
Bärlatsch (1 month ago)
Please give it a Black-Mirror-themed shell to creep people out next time when testing it outside :)
Let's search (1 month ago)
Wow! Its amazing bro
Sandeep Halyal (1 month ago)
Future of war machine and no good!
R .H (1 month ago)
Thanks to god, that it is not aggressive. 😅
Nusa Perdana (1 month ago)
so so awsome!
Srimukhi Jakka (1 month ago)
How man I want to do it
Bikash Kumar Das (1 month ago)
What would be the advantage of it in human civilization?
FANTASY INFORMER (1 month ago)
I love it
vishal dey (1 month ago)
*MITan* u guyz are genius for thiz artificial innovation.... Salute 😘😘 .... *Jump point to be noted that itz far difficult when m saw bt thats cheeta done smoothly wow charm*
Harsh Shah (1 month ago)
Wow but still it would take more 10 to 15 years to come to India
anil sarode (1 month ago)
I love the model but one day we have to make more powerful gun to kill him to save human race
James Clark (1 month ago)
Black Mirror - "Metalhead".
Z Ran (1 month ago)
it's so cool
Zabirov Vitaly (1 month ago)
Ахринеть! Вот вам и еще одинешенек облик нового грядущего )))))
Daniel Vallejos Guerra (1 month ago)
Who could be more enrolled in this project, a mechanical or a electrical engineer?
Jean-Paul Teitu II (1 month ago)
No animals were harmed during the making of this video! 🐆
Manikanth Goli (1 month ago)
Who to preparing sir
Joel Hernandez (1 month ago)
Boston dynamics has the best robotics motion so far..
Rafiq Islam (1 month ago)
What for wasting time to build this robot? What for we need this crap?
woow nice.. in 20 years we have fighter robots looking like a mechanik tiger, leopard... (too much transformers xD)
Jugabrat Deka (1 month ago)
These engineers should get more attention than celebrities.
Yashpreet Voladoddi (1 month ago)
Black Mirror fans, don't tell me you didn't get creeped out.
HD boys (1 month ago)
It's very simple.
4KGamer (1 month ago)
Skynet Initialization 1%.
Bhawani Nandan (1 month ago)
How do made this project???
Anuj Kumar (1 month ago)
sususuper
Ankush Avinash (1 month ago)
https://youtu.be/0bzk9_V7DXU
thruster tornado (1 month ago)
1:54 is very funny😂😂😂😂😂
unknown soul (1 month ago)
Awesome
Genrynix Mondra (1 month ago)
<3
C C (1 month ago)
Black Mirror 😨
TheDark Knut (1 month ago)
Black mirror season 04 episode 05, anyone ?
KyungCheol Koh (1 month ago)
one of the sponsor is naver? why?
Sandeep Kumar (1 month ago)
Well Humans Very Soon These Things Will Kill Us. ! While Watching This I Was Imagining How It Will Kill Us.
Burger FPV (1 month ago)
Dont let them jump, they can reach our face that way
Nathan Rupie (1 month ago)
*DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN*
rezynski al varozhyni (1 month ago)
im sorry boston dynamics now you have your new adversary :(
Shuvajit Roy (1 month ago)
Amazing!!
TIO PASCAL (1 month ago)
its so cute * o *
Kumar Bhetwal (1 month ago)
One day this type of invention will be curse for human.
Abhishek Pal (1 month ago)
Amazing work...
Khalil Ahmad (1 month ago)
Awesome invention application didn't understand
Ahmad Hazim Ahmad Fuad (1 month ago)
This guys getting minimal and real from previous version, I couldn't imagine what would happen for next 10years.. dayum..
Srishti Singh (1 month ago)
i know it's vision-free, but give that damn Cheetah some eyes.........(so that it can see who's poking it around 😆😂)
Ajmal Khan (1 month ago)
Waiting for them to strap a gun to this! God help us all!
xaRax (1 month ago)
WOW ! COOL !
explorer of cosmos (1 month ago)
Awww all moment like my saint Bernard 🐕💜💜💜
Had_A_ Beer (1 month ago)
But does it eat its own poo?
alessandro 007 (1 month ago)
Preparing army for 3 world war....
Mubashshir Ahmad (1 month ago)
chain 🔗, gear ⛮ brushless motor + accelerometer sensor +gps module m8n +ultrasonic sensor or infrared sensor for sonar to detect nearby obstacles +esc +development board + aluminium profiles +carbon fibre rods + milled parts +bearings +rubber caps for legs + coding skills = mit cheetah 3.0
mechanism everything (1 month ago)
The talent behind this is mind blowing
Teddy L Wang (1 month ago)
INCREDIBLE
R RRMMC (1 month ago)
male or female?
FRK RDRs (1 month ago)
How can i get admission in MIT? PLZ some help..
FRK RDRs (1 month ago)
I also want to work with them when I will become engineer because I love machines mechanism
Nithin Reddy (1 month ago)
It feels like an animal abuse to me..LOL, good work guys!
Kamran Bashir (1 month ago)
00:56 When I am hungary
Mayank Sharma (1 month ago)
Omg that jump was best part and one step closer to dog luke machine😍😍😍
Scofield12345 (1 month ago)
Someday that robot will push you back with that wood
marie not curie (1 month ago)
This is so amazing😍
Aurocastro (1 month ago)
Imagine one of this things chasing you in your house, you are closed in your room and you hear that banging footsteps becoming louder while approaching, damn I would crap myself to death
aditya kumar (1 month ago)
A cool pet to have
[email protected] (1 month ago)
Super
Arunava chakraborty (1 month ago)
If a programmer program them to safe yourself and kill ppl then? Then we all gonna eliminated..think about in future ..the robot can do anything Right? If someone told a robot to tell all robot to kill human..in the 2030 all robot will connect by wifi..if someone hack the password and if they commands it..then lots of ppl will got kill by robot and it's very easy..why need to create it..and if ai got self away..it's 99%not chance to ai got self away but 1% still has the chance... terminator time is coming..damn..human really getting close to destroy themselves
Sameer Iltaf (1 month ago)
Chicken without head.. Lol
madhav 's talks (1 month ago)
Last jump (+_+):'(
John Strain (1 month ago)
You almost expect it to bite when pushed about with the stick.
Neymar krishna (1 month ago)
That jump in the end was badass.
DASHING GAMER (1 month ago)
Wow
faisal faisal (1 month ago)
great job
kunal s lawtawar (1 month ago)
Do we source code open for this robot?
Narayan Poklen (1 month ago)
boston dynamics is better
Mohit singh Bais (1 month ago)
Wow...big thumps up to the hole team
IMRU CREATIONS (1 month ago)
Awesome and mind blowing
SSJ004 Gotenks (2 months ago)
Oh! My dog can do that!
GodfreyNorton (2 months ago)
Go Cardinal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you like to comment?

Join YouTube for a free account, or sign in if you are already a member.